Parma Hospital’s inpatient rehabilitation unit recognized for enthusiastic staff,
attractive unit and strong leadership
CARF awards three-year accreditation
The dedication and commitment to improving patient’s lives with quality inpatient rehabilitation was recognized by CARF as it awarded Parma Hospital’s Acute Rehabilitation Center with another three-year accreditation. Parma Hospital voluntarily submits to this rigorous peer review process and on-site survey by The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Parma Hospital’s Acute Rehabilitation Center is an inpatient unit that provides comprehensive physical and cognitive rehabilitation. It is dedicated to returning patients to independent living at their highest possible level of functioning following strokes, joint replacements, hip/femur fractures, amputations, spinal cord injuries and other neurological diagnoses. The unit received an additional certification for its stroke program.
In its survey report, CARF cited several strengths for the Acute Rehabilitation Center, including:
· An attractive, well-appointed unit conducive to an optimal rehabilitation experience.
· A strong, cohesive interdisciplinary team of nursing, therapy services and physicians who embrace a culture of accountability and are eager to learn best practices. “They are enthusiastic and synergistic, which provides for great outcomes,” the report said.
· A program director, who is dedicated and respected by staff and hospital leadership.
· Strong, supportive and knowledgeable corporate leadership.
· A supportive organization that itself has received many awards.
The surveyors paid special note of the medical directors – Cynthia Taylor, DO and Kimberly Togliatti-Trickett, MD – for actively promoting advocacy for the population they serve. Drs. Taylor and Trickett collaborate with many organizations, including the Cleveland Clinic, Case Western Reserve University, The Road Back Foundation, and Parma Hospital’s own ElderCenter adult day care, to develop programming that accommodates future needs for the rehabilitation patients.
“CARF accreditation demonstrates PCGH’s commitment to continuously improve patient quality of care, focusing on optimal patient outcomes and satisfaction,” says Dr. Trickett.