EMS Education Department
Parma Hospital’s EMS Education Department has produced professionally trained, high-caliber Paramedics and EMT-Basics since 1983. The faculty consists of 15 nationally registered Paramedics, who are currently active full-time in the field of paramedicine as well as firefighting.
The EMS Education Department graduates more than 100 students each year. Educational opportunities include:
- Paramedic Training – Classes are 12 months long and begin in January & September.
- EMT-Basic Training – Classes run for 11 weeks and are held in Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall.
- EMT-Basic Education Evening Course – held every Winter, Summer & Fall.
- Paramedic Refresher Class
- EMT-Basic Refresher Class
Basic EMT and Paramedic classes are now being offered in day and evening class sessions for your convenience. Basic EMT classes are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the morning from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., and in the evening from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m. Paramedic classes are held Monday and Thursday in the morning from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., and in the evening from 5:30-9:30 p.m., or on Tuesday and Friday from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
For the full Spring 2013 EMT and Paramedic Class Schedule click here.
Also an approved training center by the American Heart Association for instructor and provider classes in:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Instructor courses in BLS,ACLS, PALS and ITLS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
For more information, contact Joe Toth, NREMT-P at (440) 743-4970, or e-mail:
State of Ohio Accreditation #323