Careers at University Hospitals Parma Medical Center
University Hospitals Parma Medical Center is a 332-bed acute-care facility. Named one of Employers Resource Council’s Northcoast 99 Best Places to Work in Northeast Ohio. UH Parma Medical Center has a long list of awards for clinical excellence and community service.
How We’ve Grown – UH Parma Medical Center's Timeline
1961: PCGH opened at a total cost of $5.6 million with a capacity of 200 beds and 37 bassinets
1982: Health Education Center opened and expanded health education programs
1990: The ElderCenter Adult Day Care opened
1999: The Heart Center opened with 2 new heart surgery operating rooms, 2 high-risk cath labs, an electrophysiology lab and 14 private patient rooms
2001: The First Residential Hospice in southwestern Cuyahoga County opened
2005: WellPointe Pavilion outpatient services opened in Broadview Heights., featuring radiology, lab, therapy services and physician offices
2006: Cuyahoga Community College’s Nursing Program at PCGH graduates first class
2011: Parma Hospital announces the arrival of the latest version of robotic surgery on the da Vinci Surgical Platform: the da Vinci Si
2013: University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center at Parma Hospital opened, providing integrated cancer care to residents in Parma and surrounding communities.
2014: Joined the University Hospitals Health Systems and became University Hospitals Parma Medical Center.
Our Specialized Patient Care Areas include:
- Bariatric Center
- Behavioral Center for Older Adults
- Critical Care Units including ICU, Heart Center and two Telemetry floors
- Diabetic Counseling
- ElderCenter adult day care facilities
- WellPointe Health Center - outpatient facility in Broadview Heights
- Emergency Department including a Clinical Decision Unit
- Health Education Center providing a variety of health related programs
- Heart Center offering comprehensive cardiac care
- Home Health Care
- Inpatient Care floors including Oncology, Medical and Surgical
- Inpatient and Outpatient Care and Surgery
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Pain Center
- Physical, Cccupational, Speech and Respiratory Therapies
- Outpatient Center
- Residential Hospice facility and Home Care Hospice Services
- Robotic Surgery
- Small Wonders Maternity Center
- Sports Medicine
- Wound Center
What Our Employees Enjoy
University Hospitals Parma Medical Center is a community-driven, caring, inspiring, patient-focused hospital that provides many opportunities for our employees to grow a rewarding career in their own backyard.
Career Opportunities include:
- Department sponsored trainings Patient Care Assistant training
- Leadership Learning Series
- Tuition reimbursement program
Our employees enjoy the competitive pay, shift differential, flexible schedules, electronic charting hospital-wide and a wireless communication system. Many departments provide individualized orientation to the unit as well as additional educational opportunities such as a six-week critical care program. We offer a supportive work environment that encourages employees to share their knowledge and expertise. UH Parma Medical Center provides employees with a broad range of impressive benefits for full and part-time employees.
There are many opportunities for our employees to get involved and provide input on decisions that affect their work environment such as Employee Forums, Committees and formal surveys. Employees also enjoy our centralized location, community dedication, advanced technologies, excellent facilities and a friendly atmosphere.