Parma Hospital offers vital screenings to test for early detection and to help you understand your health risks, including:
• Coronary artery calcium (CAC) scoring can reveal early-stage heart disease. Done on a CT scanner that takes detailed pictures of your heart, the test reveals the presence and extent of calcium deposits in plaque on the walls of your heart’s arteries. This calcium buildup is an indicator of heart disease.
• Low-dose CT scans are recommended annually for current or former smokers who meet certain criteria. Both the American Lung Association and the United States Preventive Services Task Force believe lung cancer screening can save lives in high-risk patients.
Ask your doctor
These screenings can only be scheduled with an order from your physician. The test is done at the Outpatient Center, 6305 Powers Blvd., on the Parma Hospital campus.
Download the referral forms here: Coronary artery calcium (CAC) scoring and Low-dose CT scan.
Free Physician Referral Service
If you need a primary care physician, call (440) 743-4900, Monday – Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Health Education Center
Parma Hospital's Health Education Center at 7300 State Road in Parma offers a wide range of free and low cost screenings, including:
- Combined Bone Density Screening with Cholesterol Screening
- Blood Pressure
- Bone Density Screenings for Women
- Flu and Pneumonia Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Vaccine
Registration is required for screenings, call (440) 743-4970 to register.
For a full schedule of screenings at the Health Education Center, including dates, times and more details-click on the PDF to the right under Related Materials.