The individualized attention patients expect from University Hospitals Parma Medical Center is delivered through a number of centers of excellence:
- The Heart Center offers heart surgery, high-risk cardiac catheterizations, electrophysiology and vascular testing.
- Oncology patients can remain in their own neighborhood for cancer treatments and know that the physicians can coordinate their care with the oncologists who bring their expertise to the UH Parma Medical Center campus.
- Orthopedic patients are strengthened by a nationally recognized program, with extra bonuses like Joint Camp to prepare patients for joint replacement surgery to maximize their recovery.
- The Acute Rehabilitation Center returns patients to functionality with success rates beyond the national average for rehabilitation facilities. And the unit has won a special award from CARF, its accrediting body, for its work with stroke patients.
Those are just a few of our specialized service lines, all known for excellent, personalized care.
Patients and families can also rest assured that UH Parma Medical Center excels in the area of patient safety:
- Bar-coded patient medication administration system known as Electronic Medication Administration Record/Bedside Medication Verification or EMAR/BMV, is intended to ensure the five rights: that the right medication is given to the right patient in the right dose and right frequency at the right time of day.
- Code STEMI - UH Parma Medical Center's rapid response heart attack care program has resulted in a dramatic improvement in door-to-balloon times.
- The Doc at the Door program in the Emergency Department puts a physician at the front of the process so patients are assessed by a physician upon arrival instead of waiting until they've completed their registration.